Film Tax Rebate
- 75% tax rebate on the expenditure incurred in Fiji and paid to Fiji Resident companies for goods and services.
- Eligibility – films and television products, as per existing Income Tax (Film-making and Audio- visual Incentives) Regulations 2016.
- Minimum spend in Fiji $250,000.
- The maximum rebate payable per approved final certificate will not be more than $15 million.
- Exclusions – Where a producer has chosen to access the film tax rebate, the producer will not be able to obtain any other tax concessions under Part 2, 3 & 4 of the Income Tax (Film- making and Audio-visual Incentives) Regulations 2016.
- A 200% tax deduction will be available to companies investing in camera and other filming equipment for audio visual productions.
- Income tax holiday will be available to companies who set up production facilities including equipment, cameras, editing and postproduction studios.
- Income tax exemption for a period of 7 years will be available, provided capital investments are more than $2 million.
- Import duty exemption on raw materials, plant, machinery and equipment (including spare parts) required for the establishment of the business.
Duty concession (Concession code 302 – broadcasting and network service provider) at the rate of Free fiscal duty and Free import excise will be extended towards importation of transmission and graphic equipment and spare parts.
Fiscal duty on audio visual equipment as stipulated below, will be reduced to 0%:
- Television cameras, digital cameras and video camera recorders;
- Pocket-size radio cassette players; and
- Radio receivers