Business Process Outsourcing
Fiji is fortunate to have a well-established and rapidly growing BPO and ICT industry with real potential to continue to grow and provide significant support to the Fiji economy. Fiji’s BPO Industry has expanded significantly over the past decade, and Fiji is now positioned as the leading BPO offshore destination for the Pacific region.
This is evident as Fiji has managed to secure its position by attracting major and renowned BPO investors to reposition their back-office processing in Fiji. The BPO Industry contributes approximately A $150 million per annum to the Fiji economy, and this is expected to triple in the next three years. This success has been made possible through the support of the Fiji Government, the improved infrastructure and technological facilities, and the leveraging of Fiji’s many natural and other advantages, which make Fiji the ideal choice for BPO service delivery.
As Fiji delves into the diversification of its major industries, business process outsourcing provides a real and tangible alternative to Fiji’s traditional areas of focus, contributing to the country’s economic growth and providing new jobs to its young population. Today, Fiji has several contact centres providing outsourcing services for well-known brands across the globe and is continuing to grow.
Currently, the BPO industry provides employment to 8,000 Fijians, with the potential to increase to 25,000 by 2025. With English as the main language, a well-educated workforce that has customer service in their DNA, and a robust infrastructure, Fiji has a service offering that is competitive with other countries.
- Fiji offers high-quality business resources and infrastructure, including a high-speed network offering 5.4 Tbps, modern office buildings, outsourcing-ready offices, and a young, educated, and tech-savvy population.
- Fiji offers a world-recognised education system that fosters a highly skilled workforce. Good English-speaking labour force, as Fiji’s literacy rate is around 99%.
- Fiji is the center of trade in the South Pacific and a hub for communications and transportation routes. Annually, more than 1.2 million international passengers and over 450 thousand domestic passengers pass through Fiji's airports, which are served by 20 airlines directly connecting the country to 14 overseas locations daily, including Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
- Fiji, located strategically (GMT+12) between Asia and the USA, provides a "Time zone" business advantage, not only to East Asia and the US but also to the Eastern US and Europe.
- Fiji has business-supportive incentive provisions, including tax-free zones, tax holidays, and duty-free importation of computers, computer parts and accessories, plants, equipment, and fittings, as well as specialised furniture for initial establishment and during ongoing operations for approved ICT/BPO business operators.
- Fiji has proven to be a nearshore outsourcing destination for call center operations, business process outsourcing and knowledge process outsourcing.
Last Updated: August 2023